Pipe Dimensioning System
The Pipe Dimensioning System (PD-3000) non-contact, in-line system that provides dimensions of pipe in realtime and yields instant measurement feedback to track drift and stop scrap before it happens.
Artemis Vision’s PD-3000 is a turnkey system combining 3 high-dynamic range lasers, and robust application software, which takes 360 degree measurements of pipe to ensure it is meeting quality standards and production specifications. Since offline checks can be time-consuming and costly, the PD-3000 can step in and help eliminate inconsistencies in production, decrease scrap and reduce customer claims. Continuous monitoring results in consistent and repeatable results, allowing manufacturers to ensure their products meet specifications when they are delivered to the field.
The PD-3000 can be used to dimension various metal and plastic pipe that may distort or go out of specification during production. In-line, continuous dimensioning techniques can validate the process, correct errors immediately, fix tooling, produce production data and efficiently control the quality of the product.
Know what you are shipping out, revisit inspection images and data and provide customers with exactly what they are looking for.
PD-3000 Specifications & Features
- Various models dimension diameters from 0.125” [3.175mm] to 96” [2440mm]
- Accurate within 0.01% of range for standard configuration (Higher resolution models available)
- Field configurable
- Custom alarms providing instant feedback so that operators can intervene and correct issues as they are occurring
- Decrease startup times and increase throughput
- 100% inspection of the entire length of pipe
- Quality inspections providing detailed measurement reports and images
Artemis offers a complete integrated solution leveraging effective hardware, and the most robust software solution that is responsive, user-friendly, and easily implemented into current processes. Contact Artemis Vision today to discuss how our PD-3000 might be of benefit to your company.